Mayor's Gala for the Arts
Sept 28, 2019
Merritt Civic Centre
Here is our most recent plan. It changes as new brilliant ideas arise.
Suggestions are welcome, volunteers are worshipped!
Gala 2019 - To Do List (a work in progress)
Let us know what you can help us accomplish...
- Distribution of the information - in person to potential sponsor businesses and groups
- Handle sponsorship responses & organize database
- Table reservation procedure
- Public relations coordinator
- promote through word of month
- promote through social media
- Design & Printing of tickets
- Ticket Manager - Custody & Procedures for tickets and money
- Ticket Selling - online (table res, seat ticket), specific local businesses, tables at events ?
- Recruit local Musicians (mini-stages) to play for social hour
- Organize Awards procedures
- Sponsor appreciation and Presentation
- Fundraiser possibilities, such as:
- 50/50 tickets
- Designated Drivers
- Photo booth
- Displays, such as:
- TVs with sponsors’ ads, NVCAC event videos, art show photos, activities photos/videos
- Art show and sale
- Photography show
- Set program for the evening
- Design printed program layout, advertising
- Printing x 250 copies
- Find 20 billets
- Meet the bus and orient musicians and hosts
- Keep billet hosts informed.
- Friday Night street mall table and activities
- Art Show - creation, recruit artists to participate, on site set-up on Sept 28
- Local musicians participation in street mall, Spirit Square and pre-dinner on Sept 28
- Other activities as they are created...
On-site staffing for day of event:
- 2 - Event/Site manager and assistant for general supervision and emergent issues
- 2 - Money management (bar, silent auction payments, Designated Driver tickets,
- 2 - Welcome/Reception staff, take tickets, (point out cash table silent auction, bar and lounge )
- 2-4 - Ushers - seating and info
- 1 - Silent Auction manager
- 1 - Master of Ceremonies - (position filled)
- 5 - Bar manager and servers
- 10 - Kitchen caterer and servers