Watercolour for Serious Beginners
For people who really want
to learn to paint.
Instructor: Jean Kiegerl
March 4-April 1, 2020
Registration Deadline is Feb. 23.
Five Wednesdays 1:30-4:30
(two workshops and three coaching sessions)
$300 includes the professional level art supplies needed for this course.
- Plus refundable deposit on textbook - $50, OR
bring your own copy of Watercolour in 10 Steps by Patricia Seligman.
NVCAC membership required ($15/year - online at nicolavalleyartscouncil.com)
This is a home-study program with active
workshops at the beginning and end. There are three coaching sessions between these for questions and demos as needed. All sessions are from 1:30-4:30 pm on
- March 4 - "Getting Started" workshop: Provide the supplies kit and basic watercolour handling skills.
- March 5-31 - home study - work through the textbook exercises to learn specific watercolour techniques
- March 11, 18, 25 - Coaching Sessions - bring your questions and painting exercises for assistance and demos
- April 1 - "Now Let's Paint" workshop - bringing all the skills together to paint any subject in watercolour.
Art Tutor...Create Beautiful Artwork That Makes People Smile
Worth checking out!
Learn how to paint winter trees with Geoff Kersey. This video comes from Geoff's watercolour painting tutorial of Ashness Bridge in the Lake District.
On the Art Tutor website...
Strictly necessary cookies guarantee functions without which this website would not function as intended. As a result these cookies cannot be deactivated. These cookies are used exclusively by this website and are therefore first party cookies. This means that all information stored in the cookies will be returned to this website.
Functional cookies enable this website to provide you with certain functions and to store information already provided (such as registered name or language selection) in order to offer you improved and more personalized functions.
Performance cookies gather information on how a web page is used. We use them to better understand how our web pages are used in order to improve their appeal, content and functionality.
Marketing / Third Party Cookies originate from external advertising companies (among others) and are used to gather information about the websites visited by you, in order to e.g. create targeted advertising for you.